BRAVO is a European Innovation Partnerships (EIP) Commitment, that is, is a joint undertaking by several partners, who commit to activities aimed at achieving the EIP’s objectives between 2014 and 2020.
The ultimate aim of the EIP on Raw Materials is to help raise industry’s contribution to the EU GDP to around 20% by 2020. It will also play an important role in meeting the objectives of the flagship European Commission initiatives ‘Innovation Union’ and ‘Resource Efficient Europe’. It will do this by ensuring the sustainable supply of raw materials to the European economy whilst increasing benefits for society as a whole.
BRAVO in particular stands for “Bauxite Residue and Aluminium Valorisation Operations” and aspires:
• To boost the innovation capacity of the aluminium value chain with respect to secondary raw materials recovery
• To foster international co-operation among 30 key players, their 54 members across the aluminium value chain from extraction to recycling
• The creation of new value chains for the recovered raw materials from by-products of the manufacturing process by collaboration and integration of downstream industries
• To test the viability of solutions and holistic processing concepts for secondary raw materials processing via pilot actions
• To mobilise a significant part of the aluminium value chain to increase the impact of research , innovations and achieve technology transfer both along the aluminium value chain and from parallel industries such as recycling
• To enhance the conditions of the raw materials value chain in order to optimise raw materials flows through improved cooperation of actors
• To promote socially acceptable, environmentally responsible and economically viable technologies
• Waste as a resource: generation of a more valuable waste which can be processed to recover critical raw materials
A big bravo to BRAVO! We wish to all every success!